These are Discrimination and the Law exam notes covering LAWS310 at the Australian Catholic University (ACU). Notes are 58 pages long, comprehensive and well presented. These include relevant cases with full citation. Also legislative provisions are noted where necessary.
Following topics are covered in these LAWS310 notes at the ACU.
- Equality, discrimination and the law;
- History of anti-discrimination law
- Framework of anti-discrimination legislation
- Notable cases such as Purvis v NSW
- Protected attributes in federal legislation
- Prohibited conduct such as direct and indirect discrimination and harassment
- Specific areas of prohibited conduct such as work, education and more
- defences and exception to discrimination actions
- Types of liability
- Procedures and remedies
- Positive action
- Fair Work Act (specifically s 351)
- Government Equality Measures
- The future of anti-discrimination law; what more can be done for equality (i.e bill of rights).
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.