A lot effort was put into making these comprehensive yet succinct LAWS314 exam notes. Even though these notes were compiled in 2017, the course has remained almost the same over the years.
Following topics are covered:
- An introduction to statutory interpretation (including history of statutory interpretation, drafting styles and more)
- An overview of the interpretation legislation
- Context and purpose
- Interpretative techniques
- Intrinsic materials
- Extrinsic materials
- Common law approaches to statutory interpretation
- Statutory presumptions
- Fundamental and human rights in relation to statutory interpretation
- International law in statutory interpretation
- Interpreting specific instruments (i.e delegate legislation)
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.