Very comprehensive and up-to-date Private International Law A notes which are helpful for the mid semester and closed book final examination of LAWS2018 and LAWS5017. Primary topics included in these notes are: Personal Jurisdiction, Foreign Judgments, General Applicable Law, Choice Of Law In Torts, Choice Of Law In Contracts.
And other covered topics include:
- Scope of private international law (the concept of legal issues which have a connection with more than one legal system)
- Personal jurisdiction (including the discretionary non-exercise of jurisdiction and anti-suit injunctions)
- Substance and procedure (with particular reference to limitation of actions and damages)
- Proof of foreign law
- Exclusionary doctrines (foreign revenue and penal laws, foreign governmental interests and foreign laws contrary to forum public policy)
- Choice of law in contract
- Choice of law in tort
- Comparative choice of law in tort (with particular reference to the European Union, Canada and the United States of America)
- Recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.